Saturday, April 08, 2006

Guitar - Black Fernandez

As regular readers of this blog will know, I have had lots of problems with my guitars over the past year and a half. For the record, I have a black Fernandez (borrowed from someone called Allan six years ago, haven't seen him for years, am still waiting to return his instrument) and a backup Squire Strat ('Affinity series). Both of these instruments have done me fairly well, particularly the Fernandez.

The biggest problems with the Fernandez have been its stringbreaking history, the lack of sparkle in its sound, a certain flatness in the harmonics between the first and thirteenth frets and the output jack's connecting screws constantly loosening themselves, creating on at least one occasion a bird's nest of wires as the whole assembly left the guitar body when I tried to pull out the lead!

If you're wandering why I have persisted with Fernandez despite the above problems, I can only see because it feels good, is good to play and it has withstood a lot of use over the years. However, every guitar has its day, and its day has come.

No comments: