Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday rehersal at Steve's

I've just got home after a four hour rehersal with the band. It was a good session. We worked through a bit of new material and brushed up the worst of what we did at Club 168 (for a gig report, click here). Sharon stayed for part of the afternoon, she was also of the opinion that this sounded much more like us (and much more likable generally).

This is important as there was a bit of a mixed response within the band to our most recent public performance. Readers of this blog will know what I thought. Steve and Nancy were pretty horrified full stop. Barry and Chris were a bit more acceptant, but were obviously relieved to be back on song today.

It was good to have a show that was fairly crap. We were bound to have one after returning from such a long break. Probably better it happened when and where it did rather than at one of our more regular venues (if we have any of those left).

We next play on Saturday at the Finsbury. Apparently it's a private show in a separate room from the main bar. I guess that if any fans turn up they might try and talk their way in, but I can't guarantee it...

I'll let you know how it went, and when our next is.

PS - you'll note I've slightly reorganised the links on the right of this page. Have included part of my growing collection of tab/chord sites, as well as a bit of a consolidated view of different aspects of the band. I'll update these items as time passes.

No comments: