Tuesday, April 24, 2007

RIP Lobby Lloyd

I just heard on the radio today that Oz Rock Utter Legend Lobby Lloyd passed away. This bloke was the man who gave aussie rock its kick, dragged it through the front bar and gave it one hell of a working over. I'm no coneisseur of guitar, but I know what I like and I liked him.

Considering that Billy Thorpe passed away earlier this year, we can see the passing of the Aztecs into legend. Sigh. And to think I didn't go to their last gig at the Pier in Frankston (Victoria) last October, when I was practically just up the road! Probably the best 'last gig' show I saw was the Exploding White Mice at the Exeter on Hinley Street. Like most of us, however, most of the time I don't get to say 'I was there'.

I wasn't. I regret that.

RIP LOBBY LLOYD.

Negotiators Duo next play at the Excelsior (Phantom pub, corner Coglin and Hawker Streets in Brompton) on Friday May 11th, from about 9pm.

No comments: