Tuesday, March 14, 2006

First E-zine article?

The following blurb was recently published in the E-zine put out at the place I work. I've tried to respect their anonymity. Even though ...

...they all recognised me!

"Throughout this [time with this employer], Mark has continued to progress his musical interests. He is the rhythm guitarist and occasional songwriter for his band of six years, The Negotiators.

"I got into rock and roll as a way of keeping out of trouble at Uni", says Mark. "After winning a few band competitions and getting some airplay with our own music, the band realised that the way to get gigs is to play lots of covers. So, that's what we do. It's great fun, and it's a good way of getting rid of some of the tensions that go with being a lawyer."
"I started by teaching myself classical guitar, learnt a bit about flamenco and then borrowed an electric guitar. Nowadays we play lots of rock music, with a span from the fifties to the present. There is a bit of an emphasis on 'Aussie music', and we love playing the classic rock numbers. The best way to know what I'm talking about is to come to one of our shows."

The Negotiators are usually in the 'Gig Guide' (Advertiser) and the relevant local rag. You can always check out the band's blogsite for the most up to date information."

Posted by Picasa

No comments: